Having a clean organized office space is essential for maximizing productivity, but keeping the office clean can be a job in itself. Every day the papers seem to add up, the garbage never gets taken care of and no one knows when the cleaning company is coming next. Don’t let your office clutter and mess get out of hand and follow some of these tips!
- Entrance Mats: Be sure to keep the dirt and moisture out by protecting your office floors with a first line of defense, an entrance mat. Entrance mats collect dirt and moisture at the door so they are not tracked all over the office. Overtime you will save money and time spent hiring a carpet cleaning company.
- Stay as Paperless as Possible: Paper is a resource that costs money and can create clutter. By sending an email rather than printing or storing files electronically in a computers folder system you can reduce clutter and increase desk space. By staying paperless your desk will be more open and will feel a lot more comfortable.
- Schedule Cleaning Services: Why wait for your floors, carpets or windows to get dirty before contacting a commercial cleaning company or janitorial service? Call your local commercial cleaning company and they will be happy to work with you to create a schedule that fits your budget and keeps your office looking professional.
- Proper Garbage Disposal: Use liners in your trashcans to keep them clean and be careful what you put in them. Coffee and other liquids can potentially break the liner and when it’s time to take the trash out you could end up with a coffee stain on your carpet or floor. Also use two pales, one for recycling and one for trash.
- Be Critical of your Image: Put yourself in the eyes of your client and be critical of your office. Look around and reflect on everything your clients see and ask yourself what do my clients see and how does this affect my image. Remember a clean office boasts professionalism and this can go a long way in the eyes of your clients.